Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Obama Worse than Bush on Civil Liberties - Romney No Different From Obama | Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Obama Worse than Bush on Civil Liberties - Romney No Different From Obama | Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee: "When Obama signed NDAA he said ”My administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens.”

This pretty much cemented the conservative consensus on NDAA–no president, and especially Obama, should be able to throw American citizens in jail indefinitely without trial or due process.

Mitt Romney disagrees. Not only would he sign NDAA without hesitation, his position is essentially no different from Obama’s.

Said Romney: “There are a lot of things that I think this president does wrong. Lots of them. But I don’t think he’s going to abuse this power. I know that if I were president I wouldn’t abuse this power.”"

No comments: