Monday, April 21, 2014

Store smartphone apps should help the user find items

I checked the description of the smartphone apps for Wal-Mart, Target, and Home Depot. They all had catalog access and some had shopping lists but there is much more needed for the app really help your shopping experience.

  1. When I walk into a store, I should know that there is a website or app for helping me shop (ad at the front).
  2. There should we free WiFi that at least lets me use the website or app.
  3. The website/app should help me find the things I want! I should be able to ask it were something is and it should give me directions. It should know where I am in the store and how to get to the item I want.
  4. If I have a list of items to get, it should give me a good route to get all of them.
  5. It can make reasonable suggestions for other things to buy. You are getting milk, eggs, and flour -- do you also want chocolate chips?
  6. If it allowed me to comparison shop, I would be more likely to use it. It could even emphasize the benefits of buying at the store compared to online: "You can take this home right now for $99 or get it for $89 from Amazon and wait 2 days."
  7. It should make the checkout process easier. It can electronically send a list of items to make scanning quicker.
  8. It should make payment easier. It can store payment info and allow payment with the press of a button.
What else should it do?

No comments: